Welcome to Link at Your Leisure, our weekly show which you can listen to in your own time by clicking on the play button below or downloading the MP3 version to listen to later.
30 minutes of quality music, with a bit of quiz action thrown in, from your favourite Huddersfield-based DJs, Vim and Ajax.
This week it’s another DJ Vim Classic.
All instructions are in the show, we recommend you download and print the scorecard below before you tune in (or just grab a piece of paper). There are 25 points in total, we would love any feedback and please post your final score on Twitter, Facebook or in the comments below.
Stay safe, be kind, and link at your leisure!
Episode 12 – Answers
Round 1 – Intros
1. Siouxsie and the Banshees – Hong Kong Garden
2. The Beat – Mirror in the bathroom
3. Gossip – Standing in The Way of Control
Round 2 – Vintage Vim
4. Joy Division – Transmission – 1979
5. The Teardrop Explodes – Reward – 1980
6. Lemonheads – Mrs Robinson – 1992
Round 3 – Connecting Quiz
7. Who is commonly referred to as the “King of the wild frontier” and was killed at the Alamo – Davy Crockett
8. Who is “The Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up” – Peter Pan
9. Who was known as the “King of Rock and Roll” – Elvis Presley
10. What is the name of the theme park in Anaheim, California, opened on July 17, 1955 – Disneyland
11. Lyrics from We didn’t start the fire – Billy Joel
Round 4 – Drink While You Link
12. The Killers – Mr Brightside, Radiohead – Creep, Madonna – Borderline – None of these made the Top 40 when first released (Madonna’s next 36 singles went Top 10)