Welcome to Link at Your Leisure, our weekly show which you can listen to in your own time by clicking on the play button below or downloading the MP3 version to listen to later.
30 minutes of quality music, with a bit of quiz action thrown in, from your favourite Huddersfield-based DJs, Vim and Ajax.
This week it’s another MC Workshy Special.
All instructions are in the show, we recommend you download and print the scorecard below before you tune in (or just grab a piece of paper). There are 25 points in total, we would love any feedback and please post your final score on Twitter, Facebook or in the comments below.
Stay safe, be kind, and link at your leisure!
Episode 10 – Answers
Round 1 – Intros
1. Breeders – Cannonball
2. The Jam – Down in a Tubestation at Midnight
3. Lynn Anderson – Rose Garden
Round 2 – Vintage Vim
4. Madness – The Prince (1979)
5. Clint Boon Experience – White No Sugar (1999)
6. Raconteurs – Steady As She Goes (2006)
Round 3 – Connecting Quiz
7. Who owns the tavern in The Simpsons? – Moe
8. Which former British F1 racing driver is described as “the greatest driver never to win the World Championship”? – Sterling Moss
9. Which plant with purple or green leaves is part of the cabbage family and high in nutritional value? – Kale
10. What is the name of the thin strip of material that vibrates to produce sound on a woodwind instrument? – Reed
11. Members of the Velvet Underground – Mo Tucker, Sterling Morrison, John Cale, Lou Reed
Round 4 – Drink While You Link
12. Stevie Nicks – Edge of Seventeen, New York Dolls – Jet Boy, They Might Be Giants – Birdhouse in Your Soul / All New York Sport Teams – Nicks / Jets / Giants